Thailand Business Visa
The Thai Non-Immigrant B visa or business visa allows you to stay in Thailand, whether you are seeking for employment or wanting to open a business in the Kingdom.
There are 2 categories in which Australian citizens can enter under this type of visa.
Non-Immigrant Business Visa for Conducting Business
Australian citizens who wish to conduct business in Thailand should apply for a Non-Immigrant B Thai visa.
- 90 Days Non-Immigrant Thai Visa (Single-Entry)
This is an initial visa issued by the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country which allows you to stay of upto 90 consecutive days in Thailand.
- 1-Year Non-Immigrant Thai Visa (Multiple-Entry)
This is issued to those who want to conduct business in Thailand and who does frequent travels in and out of the kingdom. The non-immigrant visa can be extended to this visa once the work permit is processed.
The applicant requires a sponsorship from a Thai entity in Thailand.
Non-Immigrant Business Visa (Employment)
- Foreigners who intend to work in Thailand should apply for an initial 90-Day Non-Immigrant B visa from their home country under employment category.
- The prospective employer from Thailand will sponsor the applicant's visa application.
- The work permit application takes place during the initial 90 days given through the initial visa.
- Once a valid work permit is obtained, the applicant can apply for the 1-Year Non-Immigrant B visa extension of stay at the local immigration office in Thailand.
- a 90-day reporting at the Thai Immigration Office is required of the visa holder under this category.
- A re-entry permit is required if the holder wishes to travel outside of the country.
- Renewal of this visa can be done inside Thailand.
Benefits of Thailand Business Visa
Non-Immigrant Business Visa to Thailand for citizens of Australia provides the following:
- Multiple-entry travel to Thailand.
- Valid for use for a period of 1 calendar year.
- The visa is renewable every year and can be renewed inside Thailand (applicant must meet the requirements for the visa renewal).
- Eligibility to apply for a work permit in Thailand.
- Permit to open bank (savings) account in Thailand.
- Ability to apply for Permanent Residency after renewals.
Application Process for the Initial Non-immigrant Business Visa
- Preparation of the documents provided by the person, company or the organization who offered the employment invitation in Thailand.
- Lodge the Thai visa application to the Thai embassy or consulate in the applicant's home country by mail or in person.
- Payment of the government fees which can either be by cash, check, or by credit card.
- Reviewing and processing of the visa application. The processing time usually takes 5 to 10 business days which depends with the Thai embassy or consulate where the application is lodged.
The visa applicants are advised to apply for their visa either by mail or in person at the Royal Thai embassy or consulate in their country of nationality or residence.